Pages

background

Friday, March 2, 2012

I Missed the Sale

The Joann's store here in my area is moving to a larger space and I just found out.  They had all of the fabrics on sale at 75% off.  By the time I got there they only had 4 little racks left.  Oh well, the good thing is now they will have a larger store.

I did get some things finished this week.   I bought this photo from an Etsy shop and here is what I created with it.


I love the photo.  This photo does not show it very well.  Just look at how the boy is looking at the girl, so adoringly.  It made me think the boy was taking his new bride home to meet mom. What do you think?

Cricket our little dog gave us a scare this week.  She had an allergic reaction to something.  She had hives all over her body.  Called the vet and she said to give her Benadryl and to watch and make sure her throat did not swell.  The medicine worked but it made her very hyper so we were up all night long.  I didn't mind since it made her better.  She is back to her normal self.


Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Jackie

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job Jackie! <3 Marilou

Robin said...

It's a beautiful piece Jackie! So glad your dog is better too :) Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Lululiz said...

Isn't it awful when our beloved pets fall ill? Its so worrying because they can't tell you whats wrong. I am glad that our doggy is better now.
The collage is lovely, and the photograph you used is pretty special.

Vicki said...

Hi, Jackie. Liking your new piece. So glad Cricket is on the mend.

Dorthe said...

Hi Jackie, you created a beautiful collage, with that sweet old fhoto, I also love those special old black/whites.
Happy for you, your Cricket is doing well again.
Hugs,Dorthe

Yitte said...

Beautiful collage love the pic and the blue colors. Glad your doggy is his normal self again. I hate it when my dog is not feeling well. Always panic then.
Hugs
Yvonne

Connie said...

Just found your blog. You do incredible work, your photo and your journal are both beautiful. I too, have a small dog. I got him two years ago when I retired and I would be so worried if he were sick. I’m glad your little fellow is better. Well, it’s late and I should be in bed. I love your needlework and I’ll definitely be back when I have more time to view your past posts. I can hardly wait to see what else you’ve made. Your new fan and fellow blogger, Connie

Sugar Lump Studios said...

such a lovely collage! Lucky you going to J's with items at 75% off! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

carole brungar said...

Never mind missing the closing down sale, perhaps they will have another big sale when they reopen?? Stores here have opening sales.

I love your wee nature journal!!

Alexandra said...

Hi, your collage is beautiful. I love your fabric mix and I am glad that your dog feel better.
Have a nice weekend.
Alexandra

Gaby Bee said...

Your new collage looks fantastic, Jackie! I'm so happy for you that your doggy is on the mend.

Have a lovely week!
Gaby xo

suziqu's thread works said...

Another gorgeous collage created here Jackie - you have done the photograph an honour the way you have assembled it amongst well chosen fabrics and embellishments.
So relieved that your Cricket is back to normal!
Hugs,
Suzy